Monday, June 15, 2009

What Makes a Good Politician?


Another running list! I love lists. In my journal, on homework, on my daily planner, I keep lists. Lists about of my favorite foods, what work I need to get done, my daily goals, my life goals, I am sure you get the hint: I LOVE LISTS! I think my next list (and it would entertain all of you) are the qualities of a good Senator (or politician). So far, from my personal experiences, I think I can come up with some fundamental qualities of a successful leader in the Senate.  I plan to add to this through out the summer, and remember, if you have any suggestions, comments, or questions, let me know!!

The Elements of a Fantastic Senator-Derived from my Experiences as an Intern:

1.) A good, loyal staff

2.) A honest drive and passion

3.) The ability to be unaffected by media attention

4.) A powerful speaker and a noticeable presence

5.) Compassionate

6.) Realizes the little things count

7.) Understands that he/she can't do it all by themselves

8.) Unafraid to credit his/her belief in God

9.) A sense of humor

10.) Takes time in his/her appearance

I'll add to this list as I have more experience!

1 comment:

  1. A real love for his/her state, its heritage and its people.

    ReplyDelete